1. Who are the Jack Rabbits?
2. What kind of workouts do they do?
3. When is their next run?
4. What level of fitness do you need to be in to join the club?
5. How much does it cost to join the club?
6. Whom do I contact about this running club
7. Who founded the club?
8. Why was the club founded?
9. Club Member race results
The Jack Rabbits are a group of trail
runners from the High Desert (i.e., Hesperia, Victorville, and Apple
Valley) who meet regularly to train.
1. Each week, the club does seven to fifteen mile
distance runs on the trails by the California Aqueduct and varous other trails
in the high desert area.
2. Each week, its members do speed work on
the Hesperia track (i.e., higher intensity intervals with longer
recoveries; lower intensity intervals with shorter recoveries).
No level of fitness is required. Beginners to advanced runners
are welcome to participate in our weekly workouts.
It is free.
to become a member of this running group. The scheduled workouts are subject to change on a
incentive for starting the club is to find some training partners who are
willing to do some distance runs and intense interval workouts, both
of which I have always had difficulty doing alone. It seems easier
to endure a painful workout if others are experiencing the same fatigue.
2. An additional reason for starting the
club is to provide local high school (i.e., Hesperia Scorpions) and
college runners a place where they can build a strong aerobic base during the
off season times of the year, which will make them more competitive during cross